Training & Support
SofTec Solutions is committed to quality education for our clients and consultants. Good training and support documents will allow end users to become comfortable with the changes and the new applications, which will ultimately lead to the success of the project.
Project Team Training
It is essential that the Project Team understands all of the capabilities of the applications at the outset of the Analysis and Design Phase to ensure that they take advantage of the full functionality of the system. For an ERP implementation, SofTec recommends that the key users attend classes offered by the ERP Vendor.
SofTec Solutions will work with you to design training curriculums and develop training documentation and other training/reference materials to support your implementation. This plan will be used to develop and deliver training to end users on the new applications.
Our staff is trained to encourage the group to share their experiences, customize their training approach to align with the group’s learning styles, and make changes to the curriculum as necessary to encourage optimal learning.
The following steps are critical to the successful development of an effective training curriculum:
- Needs / Performance Analysis: SofTec Solutions will work with you to identify the types of users and topics to be covered in each of the classes. We prioritize the topics based on your specific business requirements, as well as the depth of knowledge required for a specific topic.
- Creation and Design: SofTec Solutions uses an iterative approach to create and design a curriculum. Throughout the creation process, we will follow up with your key users to validate the direction of the design, and to “test” some of the activities or presentations. These checkpoints are an opportunity for the project team to provide input to the content, and generate buy-in and momentum around the training initiative.
- Rollout and Delivery: SofTec Solutions will hold a pilot course, where the curriculum can be changed immediately upon feedback. Delivery methods we use include:
- Interactive Presentations: As a variation of the traditional lecture format, we incorporate specific activities into the presentation to make it more interactive and increase retention.
- Case Studies: Using case studies that are real and directly applicable to the learners provides historical context and an experience they can relate to.
Assessment and Monitoring
SofTec Solutions uses several tools to assess the effectiveness of a training class including:
- Pre and Post Skills Assessments: Participants evaluate themselves before and after the course to rate progression of learning and the effectiveness of the course.
- Course Feedback: Participants provide feedback on the course and the instructor.
Course Curriculum Structure
SofTec Solutions will work closely with your project team to create a matrix structure of courses around different functional roles. SofTec Solutions leverages our training expertise, including our understanding of differing learning styles, to develop a comprehensive structure and agenda for each course that will enable class participants to achieve the appropriate level of learning.